Jenni's Quiz copied from The Olive:
1. When do you put your Christmas/Hanukah decorations? The day after Thanksgiving.
2. Do you prefer to use Christmas lights that are all one color, or do you go for the multi-color effect? All white is much classier
3. Real tree or fake? I strongly prefer real.
4. Where do you get your tree? We usually go to a tree farm and cut one for my parents, and I assume we'll buy one off a lot for us (although we haven't talked about it)
5. Perfectly shaped tree, or one with character? I'll echo Rachel: perfectly shaped ones (with character!)
6. Where do you put your tree? In the family room.
7. Tinsel or garland? Ick! Tacky, tacky, tacky.
8. Blinking lights or solid lights on the tree? Solid
9. What sits on the very top of your tree? The star that was my parents. Its a Hummel and actually really pretty.
10. Eggnog or hot chocolate? That's a tough choice, I really like both. Probably eggnog as I try to only drink that during the holidays and drink hot cocoa the rest of the year.
11. What does your family Christmas/Hanukah feast consist of? Chicken Cordon Bleu, Twice Baked Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, and usually some sort of lucious dessert (I think my mom made an ice cream cake last year). The important meal is breakfast where my mom makes this to die for coffee cake and my sister makes hot cocoa.
12. What day do you typically hold your Christmas celebrations?Christmas with both families.
13. When do you open your presents? Christmas Day. We open one Christmas Eve present with my family, though. I'll find out about with Jason's family this Christmas Eve.
14. Do you open them all at once, or one by one? One by one on a randomized computer basis. We've been doing it this way for years and it works best to keep 5 kids from fighting, now we just like the tradition and to see what everyone else gets.
15. Favorite Christmas movie? Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon, I haven't seen the live action as I'm not much of a Jim Carrey fan)
16. Favorite Christmas song? This one is too hard.
17. Do you have any family holiday traditions that you partake in each year? Jason might say too many to list. :)
18. For New Year's Eve, do you go out, or stay in? The past couple of years we've gone out. Don't know this year. We'll probably have a party on New Years' Day, though.