Monday, April 12, 2010

The Simple Woman' Daybook for April 12, 2010



FOR TODAY April 12, 2010 ...

Outside my window... it is a beautiful, blue-skied spring day. The birds are chirping. The breeze is pleasant. Really, only a bit warmer and the day would be perfect.

I am thinking... about How to Think. Martin Cothran's session at the Midwest Homeschool Conference this past weekend. It was thought provoking and interesting.

I am thankful for... my Mother in Law who watched the children so I could go to the conference. They had a great time with Grammy and Grandpa and their support of this home educating endeavor is more appreciated than I can explain!

From the learning rooms... back to it! We had a difficult morning, but tomorrow, Lord willing, will be better. It didn't help that the power was out for more than an hour. Swapping N-boy's and R-girl's time with Mommy seemed to be significantly helpful. Need more Wedgits.

From the kitchen... Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas today!

I am wearing... gym clothes.

I am creating... a new MOTH (with the changes above) and notes from the conference while they're fresh.

I am going... to try the picture-book story time in place of the toddler story time at the library this week.

I am reading... Ah, so many new books! How will I ever stick with the old new books!?!? I am partway through Nancy Wilson's Building Her Home and it is fantastic, if but more for new wives.

I am hoping... to get a nap soon, I'm so tired from the conference!

I am hearing... Brahms Tragic Overture, Op. 81 from the tv, birds chirping from the open windows.

Around the house... ran the dishwasher and some laundry through ... they were both interrupted by the power outage [grin] I need to get the school room back into shape and keep working to get the house back into shape. I didn't post an April resolution because I fell completely off the wagon in March, so there's work to get caught back up.

One of my favorite things... sending the children out to the swingset.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Gym tonight & tomorrow (M-girl's soccer starts next Monday, so we switched to Tuesdays for her gymnastics), Picture Book Story Time, soccer starts ... gonna be a busy spring!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. The conference was good! And it was great to see you (and your littles)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!