Monday, May 30, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook for May 30, 2011



FOR TODAY   May 30, 2011... Memorial Day

Outside my window... sunny, hot, beautiful

I am thinking... about the men and women who have dedicated and given their lives for my safety and freedom.

I am thankful for... them.

From the learning rooms... that's a very good question ...

From the kitchen... loaded nachos tonight, not a great success :(

I am wearing... jeans shorts and sleeveless tan polo shirt.

I am creating... lists for vacation.

I am going... to tumbling and tball.  Soccer is finished for the spring!

I am reading... Aunt Jane's Hero for book club.  Almost done so I can lend it to another member.

I am hoping... to get a lot accomplished this week.

I am hearing... baseball ... Brewers and Reds.  My neighbor is mowing, too.

Around the house... we had R-girl's birthday party yesterday, so things are pretty settled.

One of my favorite things... three year-olds.  I'm looking forward to R-girl being a four year-old, though, too.

A few plans for the rest of the week: tumbling, t-ball, Bible Study.  Maybe even the pool (but I suspect it isn't open during this week ... school is still on)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. Ah- R-girl looks adorable & you did a great job w/ the cake! :) School is still in session?!?! Ours is finished. No one liked the loaded nachos?!?! We love that meal- it's great on Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake and cute little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nachos weren't very good. I was playing some with the recipe and forgot a couple of things ... ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is a beauty! and that is an awesome looking cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!