Monday, July 25, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook for July 25, 2011



FOR TODAYMonday, July 25, 2011 ...

Outside my window...
Cooler.  Finally.  Wet.  Thunderstorms helped.  Don't know if it will help all day, though.

I am thinking... about my 20 year high school reunion this past Saturday. 

I am thankful... that high school was 20 years ago.

From the learning rooms... I think we're going to try the Ming pottery project from SOTW 1 today.

In the kitchen... Cherry upside down cake with Almond-Vanilla-Honey ice cream was a hit.

I am wearing... jeans shorts and yellow t-shirt.

I am creating... a grocery list and menu plan ... at least I will later today.

I am going... to the library, post office, and Wal-Mart.

I am wondering... what my children are doing right now ...

I am reading... Sense & Sensibility, Caring for Words in a Culture of Lies, and Real Love for Real Life.

I am hoping... to get a lot accomplished today.

I am looking forward to... a quiet week! No tball.  The calendar is empty except for piano lessons and maybe some adult interaction with ladies from church!

I am hearing... children who are supposed to be dressing, making beds, swiping bathrooms ... not sure they're working on those things.

Around the house... the kitchen could use some attention.  And that infernal ironing pile ... although I got some of it done last week.

I am pondering... Pastor's sermon.  What comfort! Jesus knew what the disciples were going to do after the Upper Room; he knew they would all betray in some manner, but he gave them promises and assured them of his love and presence. They were a part of him.  The early church was messy, today's churches will be messy.  We still must love one another.

One of my favorite things... swimming.  I love to be in the pool on a hot day and to play with my kiddos.

A few plans for the rest of the week: piano lessons.  Church picnic.  Doesn't that sound great? Relaxing? Calm.  Ahhhhh.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... from the Clipper's game.  We were supposed to be way down front, but it was SOOOO HOT, the ushers found seats for us in the shade :)







Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Game looks fun! :) We have a minor league field near our house & would like to take our littles to a game or two.

    Can you share the recipe? Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!