Monday, October 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook for October 10, 2011



FOR TODAYMonday, October 10, 2011 ... Columbus Day!


Outside my window... kinda grey, but I can't really tell ... need to clean the sliding door.

I am thinking... how nice it was to sleep in my own bed.

I am thankful... for the wonderful trip we had to Hilton Head, Jason's 20th reunion, and both drives.

From the learning rooms... we'll read some about Christopher Columbus today.

In the kitchen... I made pancakes this morning!

I am wearing... jammies and a sweatshirt

I am creating... I really need to get to work on those Christmas presents ... Christmas is coming! (the goose is getting fat!)

I am going... to a soccer game.  Probably should go grocering too, probably won't, though.

I am wondering... at the glorious changes of fall ... the mountains along I77 were simply breathtaking.

I am reading... The Fellowship of the Ring. And sundry others.

I am hoping...  to get everything settled today so we can do school tomorrow.

I am looking forward to... M-girl's birthday on Thursday! Yipes!

I am hearing... children who aren't being told "hush" all the time for the first time in a week.  It's loud.

Around the house... the foyer is full of luggage ... the van too!

I am pondering... debunking.  We listened to Prince Caspian on the way home yesterday and I kept thinking, he's debunking, he's debunking.  Thanks, Cindy and Kelly.

One of my favorite things... I love Hilton Head.  Always so relaxing.

A few plans for the rest of the week: soccer, soccer, piano, birthdays, big fun!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Hilton Head sounds wonderful. I am still waiting for the leaves to change color here on Long Island. They are so beautiful when they do. Enjoyed reading your daybook today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!