Monday, January 30, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook for January 30, 2012



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's cold, frosty, and snowy.

I am thinking...
about getting school started and how I wish I had done more planning last week.

I am thankful...
that we can muddle through even without the planning.

In the kitchen...
I made Ina Garten's Panna Cotta.  It was easy, tasty, and a hit! I think I want to try with coconut milk and tropical fruit some other time.

I am wearing... Jammies, but I'm gonna wear jeans and my black shirt in a few minutes.


I am creating... not much of anything.

I am going... to the library and grocery later.


I am wondering... at God's willingness to be a helper and refuge.  What a great God He is!


I am reading... still working on Words to Eat By.  I've got to finish it by next Monday!

I am hoping... to have a better week of lessons.

I am looking forward to... book club next week.

I am learning... about leeks.

Around the house... well, things kinda fell apart last week while I was sick, so there's a lot to catch up on, in particular folding and ironing (you knew that was coming, didn't you?)

I am pondering... Loving the Little Years and how to talk to, encourage, and give grace to my children.

A favorite quote for today...

One of my favorite things... well, Panna Cotta is now pretty high on the list ...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
pretty quiet week planned. 

A peek into my day...
Fun reading material ...

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!