Monday, February 27, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 27, 2012



FOR TODAY Monday February 27, 2012 ...

Outside my window... it is sunny and "warm" (supposed to be in the 50s today!)

I am thinking...
how wonderful it is to have a husband who wants to take the children geocaching and is willing to let me stay home to get some things done in peace and quiet.

I am thankful...
that we ordained and installed two new elders yesterday! The Lord has been good to our church in calling gifted men.

In the kitchen...
I made lamb on Saturday and beef yesterday.  Both were pretty good :)

I am wearing...
sweat pants and Buckeye tshirt.  I'm going to clean bathrooms when I'm done with this.

I am creating... I started a needlepoint to work on while listening to lectures from the Society for Classical Learning.  So far I've listened to three and they were all excellent.

I am going... to the library and Whole Foods later. 

I am wondering... at God's fulfilling of Old Testament prophecy ... such a beautiful thing!

I am reading... The Roots of American Order with Cindy's Book Club.  

I am hoping... I keep up with it as I've really enjoyed the first two chapters.

I am looking forward to... a few quiet hours.

I am learning... about social order and political order and how they work together.

Around the house... we've an extra dog ... we're dogsitting my brother and sister-in-law's beagle.  Entertaining to say the least.

I am pondering... prayer.

A favorite quote for today... "The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." ~Thomas Moore

One of my favorite things... having laundry all washed and put away.  I should work to make it happen more regularly.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
are to have a quieter week. I need to sign the children up for t-ball/baseball and  I have a retreat committee meeting.  Bible Study on Thursday.  We might take a slower week of school, too.  We all need something of a break. 

A peek into my day...
Luca making himself at home on the back of the loveseat [laughing] we got him down post picture.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. 3 dogs- PHEW! But he(she?) is pretty! Enjoy your time of planning & quiet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!