Monday, March 05, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook for March 5, 2012



FOR TODAY March 5, 2012

Outside my window... it is dark and cold.

I am thinking...
Mondays are hard.

I am thankful...
for free audio downloads from the Society for Classical Learning.  Some really really great talks there ... and I've only started on the 2011 talks.

 
In the kitchen...
not much today, but Ina Garten's Lemon Piccata tomorrow.

I am wearing...
jeans, black shirt, and red sweater.

I am creating... a cross stitch.

I am going... to bed soon.

I am wondering... what I'm going to write about for Cindy's book club tomorrow.


I am reading... The Roots of American Order and Peter Pan. Pretty different.

I am hoping... tomorrow is significantly better than was today.

I am looking forward to... a nice dinner at 1808 American Bistro with Jason thanks to my brother and sister in law.

I am learning... about early church history, Greek history, Solon, and more than I can think of.

Around the house... laundry check, ironing check, bathrooms check.  I'd be feeling pretty good were the stockings not still hung by the chimney with care.

I am pondering... Bartholomew Cubbins as a conservative hero.

A favorite quote for today... "And there are my children! -- my darling precious children! For their sakes I am continually constrained to seek after an amended, a sanctified life; what I want them to become I must become myself ." Elisabeth Prentiss

One of my favorite things... free audio downloads, especially ones as good as those linked above.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Baseball/Tball signups, library, art. 

A peek into my day...

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Good quote (and author!). Remember how long I had our snowmen on the mantel? So, take heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sobering quote by Prentiss! Definitely food for thought.

    I myself still have my winter wreath hung over my mirror ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!