Saturday, September 01, 2012

Book Review: The Summer of the Great-Grandmother by Madeleine L'Engle

The Summer of the Great-Grandmother (Crosswicks Journal, #2)The Summer of the Great-Grandmother by Madeleine L'Engle

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Own.

Much to consider.  What is the essence of a person, the ousia?  A wonderful follow-up to A Circle of Quiet.  L'Engle wrestles with life, death, identity, and the soul. 

I particularly loved the section of her mother's ancestry and the stories of the people in her family tree.  I loved their informal education.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, the October edition of Books You Loved is live. Here is the link Books You Loved October Edition Please do pop by and link in a post about a book you loved. Maybe this one? Cheers

    PS I am a follower of your blog. I know you have linked in before, too – which is great. Would you consider following Carole's Chatter back – or are you already?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!