The Liebster AwardBrandy from Afterthoughts has given me the Liebster Award! The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award. "Liebster" is German for favorite.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- I am seven months older than my husband, Jason.
- The men in Jason's family seem to marry older women.
- I love to read a good murder mystery.
- I didn't read any Austen books until I was 30.
- I've read them countless times in the almost decade since.
- I have and love my Kindle, but still prefer "real" books.
- I have a degree in Education.
- I've spent the last 8 years trying to unlearn a lot of the Ed Philosophy I learned.
- I love my van.
- I've been blogging for almost 13 years, am I just getting started?
- I am terrible at making friends in person.
- What is your favorite book? I assume "other than the Bible" at the end of this sentence. Island of the World by Michael D O'Brien. My sister-in-law got it for me for Christmas so I don't have to inter-library loan it again.
- Where would you go on your dream vacation? Europe. I've been once before and I'd love to go back and wander around. I'd like to go to Spain, next time, in particular.
- If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you choose? I'm not an animal person, but if we're going to have pets, big dogs are my choice. And since, we think pets are good for the children, we have two big dogs :)
- What is your favorite season? College Football season. Oh, um, Autumn. I like the temperate weather and the beauty. And the football and soccer, if truth be told.
- What is something you'd like to do if you had an extra hour? Hm. Go out for a glass of wine with my husband. Read a book. Take a nap.
- What is your favorite color? It's always been yellow. I suspect it's in the green family now.
- Coffee or tea? Either. Whichever you're having. Sugar in either, please. Cream with the coffee.
- What is your favorite subject to teach? History. Although, I like teaching Math with MEP.
- What is the subject you like the least? Science. I'm not enamored my curricular choices.
- Which chore do you like the most? Cooking. But not cleaning up.
- If given the choice between sleeping in or going to bed early, what would you pick? I'm a night person, I'd much prefer sleeping in.