Thursday, February 14, 2013

Book Review: Code of Silence by Sally S Wright

Code of SilenceCode of Silence by Sally S. Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Own on Kindle.

I would probably give this one 3.5 stars; I thought it was the weakest of the books.

I still enjoyed it.  It was less a mystery and more suspense.  There was one particularly difficult scene.

I had a much harder time discerning the theme to this book than to others despite the title.  Code of Silence, as I think about it, was considering ideas of when it is right and wrong to speak; what information needs shared and what doesn't; speaking for the oppressed or not.

I think some plot points were lost - what happened to the turquoise car? or the concussion? The story just didn't seem to be as tight as the earlier books - enough to make me question whether this *was* an earlier work that was published out of order - the story takes place some time before Publish and Perish. 

I enjoyed it because I like Wright's writing style and Ben Reese as a character.  I wouldn't recommend starting with this book.

I'm sorry to come to the end of the books; I hope Wright is working on more! I'd like to find out what happens to Dr. Reese and the building at Alderton and other plot lines ...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!