Monday, January 13, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook for January 13, 2014




FOR TODAY the first day of school!


Outside my window...is a wet, grey, January day.  At least it isn't as blustery.


Praising God...that He makes all things beautiful in time ... and that His mercies are new every morning.

I am thinking...I need some of those mercies for tomorrow.



I am thankful...for the ability to educate my children at home.



In the kitchen...there is some leftover party food (just a tiny amount).



I am wearing...khakis, white shirt, denim vest.



I am creating...working on that poncho occasionally.



I am going...to the grocery store.  Yippee.



I am wondering...what we'll be eating the rest of the week ...



I am reading...Out of the Silent Planet by C S Lewis and I'm going to start The Narnian by Alan Jacobs.  It's the Year of Lewis here.



I am hoping...our Narnia study is fun and we learn a lot through it.



I am looking forward to...a double date Wednesday night!



I am learning...about Chemistry too.



Around the house...Motivated Moms.  Get it.  That is all.



I am pondering...nap time.  I've been up entirely too many hours.



A favorite quote for today..."Actually, love is ultimately not a feeling at all, but an action, a dynamic activity. "  Louis A Markos in A to Z With C. S. Lewis



One of my favorite things...being back in school.  Even when it's hard.  Routine, in the long run, is so much better.



A few plans for the rest of the week...basketball, piano, date night.



A peek into my day...
We make self portraits on the first day of school every year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!