Monday, February 10, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 10, 2014



FOR TODAY

Outside my window...there is a great deal of snow.
Praising God...for his holiness.

I am thinking...about waking the children.  Maybe not yet.



I am thankful...that I can offer some flexibility.


In the kitchen...is sitting the rest of my coffee.  Time to get some more in my cup.


I am wearing...jeans and the black and white shirt my mom got me for Christmas.  And a splash of my last cup of coffee.


I am creating...a list of errands for the day. Renew driver's license (oops), dog food, sign up for baseball, swim lessons, swimming pool, library, hair cuts, shoe store, grocery store.  I think that's all.


I am going...to take all my children all those places.  With 6" of snow on the ground. Pray for me.


I am wondering...how late they're going to sleep.


I am reading...a Georgette Heyer murder mystery that was a kindle deal last week.  Still working on Alan Jacobs and the new CAP Classical Ed book.  (they're fantastic)


I am hoping...to finish some of these this week.


I am looking forward to...our Art with Friends Valentine's party.


I am learning...that I need to learn more about the Quadrivium.


Around the house...well, um, let's not discuss that one.


I am pondering...fearing God until he becomes a sanctuary - Isaiah 8.


A favorite quote for today..."But the Lord of hosts, him you shall honor as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he will become a sanctuary and a stone of offense and a rock of stumbling to both houses of Israel, a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem." (Isaiah 8:13-14, ESV)


One of my favorite things...the birthday cake my mom makes me.  It's a chocolate cake but each layer has a crust of graham crackers, brown sugar, and nuts.  Three layers, stacked.  It's delicious.


A few plans for the rest of the week...school, piano, basketball, errands, ART.


A peek into my day...


M-girl pouring olive oil while cooking dinner on Thursday. Love that.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!