Monday, August 11, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 11, 2014

FOR TODAY



Outside my window... it's been a drizzly day.



I am thinking... about blogging, purposes, and what I'm doing.



I am thankful... for friends who kicked me into gear.



In the kitchen... the children are getting lunch together.



I am wearing... shorts and a flowery purple top. 



I am creating... assignment sheets for my kids during our Weekly Meetings.  Well the Weekly Meetings I hope to reinstate. Ours are generally just on Fridays.



I am going... to mail our Intent to Homeschool and pick up dog food this afternoon.



I am wondering... if the children will accomplish the shorter lessons I assigned today.  M-girl will, but the other two are putting up resistance.



I am reading... Bridget Jones' Diary. I don't like it very much, I liked the movie better.  [shocked silence from the crowd]



I am hoping... to finish The Liberal Arts Tradition before next Monday.  I'm so close.



I am looking forward to... Main Street Delaware Fine Art, Food & Wine date with my husband :)



I am learning ...



Around the house... we worked hard on the main rooms over the weekend.  The school room needs attention now.



I am pondering... how belief and unbelief look.  Last night's sermon on Jesus healing the paralytic from Mark 2 was great.



A favorite quote for today... "All that's left now for those redeemed by the Savior's blood is to celebrate the canceling of the "record of debt that stood against us" -- our monstrous slate of sin that He has "set aside, nailing it to the cross" (Col. 2.14)" --Nancy Leigh DeMoss in The Quiet Place


One of my favorite things... I got a smart phone this spring and a tablet. I love that so syncs between the two platforms. If I used Chrome as my browser, even my laptop would sync.



A few plans for the rest of the week ... Art with Friends, errands, date night, my niece's second birthday party.  It's all good.



A peek into my day... butterflies!






No comments: