Monday, April 06, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook for April 6, 2015



For Today... April 6, 2015

Outside my window... it is a dark and stormy night.

I am thinking... about spring activities for my kiddos.

I am thankful... that soccer was canceled tonight because two of the children are sick and I didn't want to have to figure out how to take just one while Jason had a meeting.

I am wearing... pajamas

I am creating... a schedule for the homeschool convention! Yippee!

I am going... to send it to the ladies I'm going with.

I am wondering... what things I need to buy this year, if any.  There are a few on my list.

I am reading... Chapter One of Own Your Life for my Thursday post.  Join us? 

I am hoping... that everyone is healthy before I leave on Thursday; including me!

I am learning... more about living in a community of believers.

In my garden... grow many weeds.  I saw some daffodil and tulip shoots, but the forsythia has yet to bloom ... and the old wives tale tells me there'll be three snows following that event.

In my kitchen...  I have been quiet recently and will be quiet still this week.

In the homeschool room... we had two sick kiddos, so piano lessons and a video about the presidents was all we managed today.  I was generally impressed with the video, so that was good.

A favorite quote for today...  "The sun will come out tomorrow ..." Here's hoping.

A peek into one of my days... dressed for Resurrection Sunday.

One of my favorite things... on Easter, we have a Fellowship Pancake Breakfast in place of Sunday School and it is such a fun time.  I look forward to it every year.  It may or may not have anything to do with my not cooking that morning ... 

From the board room... When I try a Pinterest idea and it works, I try to pin it to my "Hits!" board

               Follow ladydusk's board Hits! on Pinterest.    

Post Script
I'm a little behind on my blog reading, but soon I should be posting a lot of links on my twitter feed which you can follow in my sidebar.  I hope next week I'll have a regular post to share here.

12 comments:

  1. Cute kiddos!!! We also had a pancake fellowship...... our Pastor and his wife makes breakfast for the whole congregation every year. This year it was blueberry pancakes...my hubby was in heaven!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like 'em. We had a number of volunteers who made pancakes and waffles and one man brought all of the sausages. It was great fun!

      Delete
  2. Lovely daybook post . Beautiful children in their matching outfits ! I hope they are all feeling well soon. I will go check out your Pinterest board . I love knowing when something works for a real person ! Have a blessed week ! Lora in GA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am pretty hopeful that tomorrow they'll be feeling more up to par. Hopefully I will too. I made that board for me so I could find favorites, but I like the idea that other real people might utilize it :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you're all well soon! Enjoy the convention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I printed the schedule yesterday. Much highlighting and discussion around the dinner table of which things are "can't miss" for us. I'm working a 4 hour shift (11-3) at the registration booths on Saturday so I'll have to miss a few things. I'm guessing that I'll probably be ready to head home after that but what a full few days it's going to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The schedule looks great ... I'm pleased with my selections :) I don't think I could stand to give up time to work, though. Thank you for doing it!

      Delete
  5. What a sweet picture of your children...they look so much alike. Thank you for taking part in the daybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They do look alike, but have surprising differences as well.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!