Thursday, November 19, 2015
Yuletide Session 2015
Officially, this is our break time.
I still want to do something after a devotional, beautiful vein. And math.
Oh, wait, math is beautiful too.
This year, I sat down with my mom and planned our "with them" outings. They're on Mondays, which I may regret, but that was the day that worked between our schedule and hers.
During our break, here are the fun activities we have planned (by ourselves or with others)
* Cooking Thanksgiving Dinner
* 2 Thanksgivings
* 2 Homeschool Choir Concerts
* Family Progressive Dinner
* Baking Day with Mama and Papa
* Sibling Shop with Mama and Papa
* Victory Mission Food Box preparation
* Progressive Concert in support of Habitat for Humanity (the website has 2013, but it is 2015)
* Downtown Columbus Adventure (Statehouse - they have a concert everyday at noon in the basement by the restaraunt, OSU Campus, other stops)
* Dickens of a Christmas at Ohio Village
* Christmas Eve, Christmas, Pajama Day
* Cleveland Museum of Art Monet to Matisse exhibit
* New Year's Eve, New Year's Day
There are other activities we do that are not yet on the calendar, but are more "as time and weather allows":
* Cut down a Christmas Tree
* Decorate Christmas Tree
* Wildlights at the Zoo
* Fantasy of Lights at Alum Creek
* Drive around and look at the big light displays nearby
* Decorate the House
* Baking Day(s) at home
* Chex Mix Day(s) at home
* Crafting Day(s) at home
* Ice Skating?
* Christmas videos (Peanuts, Grinch, Frosty, et. al.)
* Shining Dawn Nature Study Through the Holidays
I'll try to post pictures as appropriate of the activities and link them back here.
I did plan a devotional/GroveTime/Circle Time for each day, but this year it is very simple:
Advent: Handel's Messiah Advent Reader
After Christmas: Rembrandt: The Christmas Story
*Carols (by week) We use this set of songbooks and the CD.
O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
Joy to the World
We three Kings of Orient Are
Advent: Carol by Kenneth Grahame
After Christmas: Visit of the Wise Men by Timothy Dudley-Smith
It is possible we'll do some Copywork (My First Advent Copywork or My Lessons and Carols Copywork) also, but I'm not adding too much! This is one of the things I always *want* to do, but never gets done. I'm not going to stress about it.