Monday, December 21, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Christmas Week!

For Today... December 25, 2015 ... The Monday before Christmas



Outside my window.... it's rainy and dreary.  The sun isn't entirely up yet, I think.

I am thinking... about wrapping presents.

I am thankful... I finished shopping on Saturday, with three gifts to come from Amazon.

I am wearing... pajamas. Kids are still abed.

I am creating... a grocery list. We need to do a quick shop for the week, then we have nothing else on the calendar until Christmas Eve. Ahhhh.

I am going... to send Christmas Cards, too. I need to get on my old computer to find the address list ...

I am wondering... how late the girls will sleep if I let them ...

I am reading... 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. I have my old Holly Hobbie version on the mantle.

I am hoping... those last three presents have no issues being delivered.

I am learning... to enjoy the quiet while I have it ... N-boy came downstairs right after I typed that all the children were abed.

In my kitchen... we're using our Christmas plates and wine glasses. I do love that.

In my garden... the Christmas lights are twinkling. I wish the trees would cease falling over, though.

In the homeschool... I think my wireless, Bluetooth speaker is working again. Woo-hoo!

A favorite quote for today... "But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart."  Luke 2:19 I was thinking "ponder" would be a good word of the year, then I thought how the quote goes well with *revel* (treasuring) and Attend! (one must notice to treasure and ponder).

A peek into one of my days...

One of my favorite things... Christmas! I still have a lot to do: Chex Mix, mail Christmas Cards, wrapping, etc.

From the board room... if it's almost Christmas, it's almost New Year's. I always put New Year's ideas on my January board, so here it is if you're starting to think about that celebration, too ...


Post Script... Mystie has a great last-minute gift for you at Simplified Pantry. A versatile, pantry based cooking system for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks ... for new cooks and old? Yes, please! As always, I am not an affiliate for this program.  Enjoy!

And, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Linking up with The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!