Monday, May 16, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook for May 16, 2016

For Today...



Looking out my window ... the sun is brightly glowing through the blinds right into my eyes.


I am thinking ... about suffering graciously even when suffering needlessly and how that follows being mindful of, conscious of, our Lord's example. Thankful for 1 Peter's direction.


I am thankful ... excellent preaching and teaching on using our words and speech ... including in praise ... from yesterday.


One of my favorite things ... feeling accomplished when I get up and going. Laundry, dishes, devotions feel so much better at 8:30 than sitting and reading mindless fluff.


I am wearing ... jeans and my UUNET rainbow tie-dye shirt.


I am creating ... better habits. Again. I hope.


I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to
... a new podcast, At Home 6. I've only listened to one episode, but I think it'll be worth continuing. I hope I can start to distinguish voices soon.


I am hoping ... in nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness because I see more and more every day just how wickedly selfish and proud I am.


I am learning ... that it is easier to fall into bad patterns than good ones.


In my kitchen ... I washed some pots and pans and ran the first load of the dishwasher. I need to make a menu plan and grocery list next. Adulting. I hate that term.


In the school room ... we have a couple of weeks of hard work to do after a light, easy week and then a week of IOWA Testing (another light, easy week) Funny how the busier our days are the better they go, but the lighter our days the less I want to do.


Board room ... June will be here soon, the time to think about it is now:



Post Script

Mystie is doing another planningseminar this afternoon. Even if you can't watch it today, sign up so you can watch the replay!



Shared Quote ... last week's Wednesdays with Words linkup post:



A moment from my day ... our morning basket. It isn't always quite this tidy.





Closing Notes ...
I wrote this post about Attend! Serving Others then everything fell apart. I forget that attacks happen when you speak up. Now I need to get back to trusting God and resist the enemy because he will flee.

Linking up with The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this - "Funny how the busier our days are the better they go, but the lighter our days the less I want to do." So true! Structure definitely takes effort, but I find it results in a happier family who is able to do more good things. But sometimes the effort to get it all going just makes me want to hide under the covers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!