Monday, August 29, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 29, 2016

For Today... Monday, August 29, 2016



Looking out my window ... The sky is blue blue blue

I am thinking ... about our fall schedule with soccer and piano and organ and drama. Oh my.

I am thankful ... for AmblesideOnline. We're coming to the end of a very productive term on Friday. We've finished three of our books for the term.

One of my favorite things ... break week! Looking forward to next week!

I am wearing ... a summer knit dress. It's hot outside. I should be walking the dog, but I'll probably do a video instead. Too hot.

I am creating ... covers for our new assignment spiral notebooks. I found public domain pictures, made the image with name in picmonkey, printed them, then used my sticker maker to cover the print on the spiral notebooks ... we'll start using them after break:





I am about to listen to ... some of CiRCE's Contemplation of Home. The CDs came Saturday and I haven't broken into the package yet.

I am hoping ... to get my steps. Probably going to do a Leslie Sansone video from YouTube.

I am learning ...

In my kitchen ... I'm thawing frozen Sloppy Joes for dinner.

In the school room ... everyone was done before 1:00. That's a first. And pretty wonderful.

Board room ... I was looking back through Pinterest for inspiration, and found this post of Mystie's: Homeschool Mama, You're Not a Teacher. I agree, what we do is more akin to tutor than teacher.

Post Script ... I was very excited to get to talk with my friend Pam Barnhill about getting the year off to a good start on her Your Morning Basket podcast.  It went live last week, you can hear it here.



A moment from my day ... We had a really great homeschool day this morning:



Linking up with The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty covers! I miss homeschooling, lol. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!