Monday, September 05, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook for September 5, 2016

For Today...



Looking out my window ... it's dark and there's a sliver of a moon.

I am thinking ... about our break week. The to do list in my Google Keep is ambitious

I am thankful ... that we had today to do some work and enjoy some family time with friends.

One of my favorite things ... getting together with friends and eating their cooking. Yum.

I am wearing ... coral shirt and green-khaki shorts. It was hot today.

I am creating ... lists ... grocery, menu, school, to-do ... lotsa lists!

I am watching (watched): lots of College Football. Ole Miss-FSU tonight, but many other games since Thursday. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I am hoping ... we make it though a lot of that ambitious to-do list. I think a lot of things will make our next nine weeks go more smoothly.  I'm going to try to do 12 weeks in 9. You can pray for us!

I am learning ... how important a walk is to my children's mental well-being.

In my kitchen ... the cupboards are not bare after a big grocery trip and leftovers from tonight.  One favorite is Blue Cheese Broccoli slaw ... Broccoli Slaw packet, cranberries, pecans, blue cheese, and your favorite blue cheese dressing (I like Bolthouse Farm's yogurt based dressing) ... mix together and eat!

In the school room ... I plan on a quiet week with a bit of resetting and planning but not a lot of child activity.

In my garden ... Jason trimmed edges and bushes and did some weeding today. It looks great!

Board room ... I'm hoping to rely on my 'Snacks' board for prepping for the next term.

A moment from my day ... N-boy and friends looking surprisingly grownup:


Closing Notes: I know a lot of people wait to start homeschool until after Labor Day. If that's you, I hope you have a great start! We're so excited to be on our break!!

Linking up with The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!