Monday, November 28, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday, November 28, 2016

For Today... November 28, 2016  ... Two more days of November!



Looking out my window ... the sky is grey and almost pink while the sun lazily makes it's way into the pre-winter sky.

I am thinking ... about getting dressed. We're going to see A Christmas Carol this morning.

I am thankful ... for a wonderful long weekend being thankful with friends and family.  We have so much to thank God for!

One of my favorite things ... Ohio State beating X*ch*g@n in The Game. It was some bad football, but we won, so Huzzah!!

I am wearing ... Buckeye jammies - but soon something dressier to go downtown.

I am will be creating ... the children's Christmas ornaments for this year. I have the stuff, just need some time.  Later in the week, I think.

I am listening to ... Christmas music. I have a slight obsession. Just finished Sara Groves' O Holy Night (with the hilariously true song about toy packaging) and now have Amy Grant's A Christmas Album.

I am hoping ... that Jason has fun deer hunting ... and maybe doesn't get anything?

I am learning ... good question.  Maybe to tune out the self-negativitiy script?

In my kitchen ... I really need to go to the grocery store.  Coffee with cinnamon eggnog this morning, though. It's the important things ;)

In the school room ... the table is covered with "This doesn't go down here. Take it upstairs" detrius. I need to clear it so we can do the puzzle I ordered.  It's lovely to be on break!

In my garden ... er, yard, the outside decorations are hung - window candles, lights around the door, big ornaments in the tree. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :)

Board room ... looking for "Spice" recipes for the family progressive dinner this weekend.  I have a dessert plan, but need a heavy appetizer plan too.

Post Script ... Brandy's "Probably Our Simplest DecemberTerm Ever"  post resonates with me because I also have our simplest plan ever.  Sort of.

Shared Quote ... "I should be sorry if I only entertained them. I wished to make them better." Handel wrote of his masterpiece, The Messiah. I love that quote every time I come across it, which I did last night in our Advent Reader.

A moment from my day ...



Linking up with The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!