Monday, January 02, 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook for January 2, 2017

For Today... January 2, 2017. 2017. Seriously.



Looking out my window ... it's a hazy foggy morning.  It's actually almost not morning anymore.

I am thinking ... I should get dressed and start taking ornaments off the tree.

I am thankful ... that I seem to finally be over my head cold. The 15 hours of sleep yesterday through this morning was very helpful.

One of my favorite things ... watching the Rose Parade with my girls. They're loving it like I do.

I am wearing ... still in jammies.

I am creating ... a series about why I need a hobby.  This prompt was not the impetus. It's actually going to be up on pambarnhill.com this week.

I am reading ... well, not yet, but I'm planning to read Peacemaking Women by Tara Barthel because of my Word for the Year: }pacify{



I am hoping ... for a productive week of planning and preparation for our new homeschool year starting next week.

I am learning ... about

In my kitchen ... snacky foods today. So glad Jason went to the store for me.  Over the weekend, I was able to pull together our traditional New Year's meals - Hoppin' John and Pork and Sauerkraut.

A photo posted by dawn (@ladydusk) on






In the school room ... I think the #maskingtapetable is clear.  Ready for me to spend time this week planning and pre-reading!

Post Script ... Are you wanting to get organized this January? My friend Mystie has her amazin Simplified Organization course, of course. But if you join by Thursday, January 5, she has a group of people pulled together to walk through the course together: New Year New Attitude Consistency Crew.  I'm going to try to keep up because I definitely need a refresher!
 

Shared Quote "But our citizenship is in heaven ..." (Philippians 3:20) My pastor preached on this yesterday and gave me much to consider.

A moment from my day ... Rose Parade, ladders, ornament bins. Yep, this is what my day will entail.


Closing Notes:
I always choose a Word for the Year.  This year, as I mentioned, I chose }pacify{.  My friend Anna also chooses one and she chose Tune. I *love* her choice! I wish I had thought of it! Go read her post for her reasons. Beautiful!


Linking up with The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. {{Fist bump}} home school mom too! Pierogis! I had forgotten about them! I went to college in PA and they are common there...think I will find some and serve them to my boys tomorrow! New year new food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!