Monday, January 09, 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook for January 9, 2017

For Today... Monday, January 9, 2017



Looking out my window ... between the sky and ground, it's grey and white. And frigid.

I am thinking ... that my husband is smarter than I am (no surprise there). He chose to hire movers for the hand-me-down sectional from my parents and that was so smart. They moved it in a third of the time we could have thought about moving it.

I am thankful ... he convinced me.

One of my favorite things ... my new, red sofa with the comfy corner. Yay!

I am wearing ... jeans and a long sleeved amoeba tee shirt in purples, blues, and pinks.

I am creating ... I made geography notebooks for the children and me. I put in a blank political map of each continent and a blank physical geography map, too.  The front has a whole earth map.  Now, we can look up and mark locations from our reading. I'm pretty excited about them.


I am reading Kevin DeYoung's book Crazy Busy. Tweeted this quote last night:
I am hoping ... our first day of school portends well for the year.  We had a pretty good day!

I am learning ... about how preparation made narrations better. Since I had pre-read the sections, I could discuss and help my kids after their narrations were finished. Now to keep it up!

In my kitchen ... sloppy joes with cornbread topping tonight. A family favorite.

In the school room ... first day tradition: Self portraits :)



Post Script ... Jennifer Mackintosh from Wildflowers and Marbles offered these free checklists for weekly planning and review. Both of us were inspired by Celeste Cruz at Joyous Lessons - I posted pictures of my checklists here.


A moment from my day ... N-boy finishing his math.


Linking up with The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. That geography book idea is awesome, and I think I will "steal" it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!