Monday, October 02, 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook for October 2, 2017

For Today...



Looking out my window ... it's finally football weather - crisp, cool, and crystal blue.

A post shared by Dawn Garrett (@ladydusk) on



I am thinking ... about the plan for the week. It's break week here, so we have too much to do in the time allotted.

I am thankful ... that my boys got home yesterday and had a great time on their grand adventure.






One of my favorite things ... I love coming home - even if it's someone else doing so.

I am wearing ... Buckeye shirt and black running pants.

I am creating ... plans for the final 6 weeks of our academic year. I can't believe it's October and we're almost done with the school year. I also hope to create some baked goods ... and a birthday cake this week.

I am listening to ... Sara Groves CDs with M-girl. I saw that Sara has recorded a CD of hymns and that brought me to pull out my collection of her CDs.




I am hoping ... to get a lot done this week - clothing swap, planning, cleaning, prepping for the last 6 weeks so I can start planning 2018 with Plan Your Year.

I am learning ... about The Long Haul of Morning Time. It's not new, but refreshers are wonderful.

In my kitchen ... coffee is waiting for me.

In the school room ... the tent Jason borrowed for their trip is set up and drying out.



Post Script ... Anna is doing a 31 Days series of her favorite quotes ... and why ... Check it out!



Shared Quote ... I keep coming back to Cindy Rollins. I need more of this:


A moment from my day ... I had a lovely weekend with my girls.



Closing Notes: Here's to the joy of break week. I hope to come back later with a review of the last term.

Linking up with The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

  1. Working hard and then there's joy.... love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote by Cindy! Thank you. Amy@hearthridgereflections.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!